Visa Information: International Travel Information

Frequently Asked Questions

  • Letters of invitation to obtain travel visas are offered through the badge registration process. You must first register for a badge in order to request your letter of invitation. Because the visa application process may take 90 days or longer, we ask that you request your letters of invitation at least 90 days prior to your travel dates.
  • Once you have received your letter(s), schedule an appointment for a visa interview at the U.S. Embassy nearest you. For more information, please visit https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en.html.

If you have further questions, you can email us at info@aiabf.com

  •   Be prepared for your interview. Take the letter of invitation to your appointment along with your current valid passport or government identification, evidence that you have funds to cover expenses in the United States and evidence of compelling social and economic ties to your home country.
  • The Consular Officers who interview are looking for evidence that you will return to your country.
  • Be specific about the dates of your travel to and from the United States. If you have already secured your hotel and plane tickets, provide your round-trip travel itinerary and confirmation of your hotel reservation with your application.
  • Complete all official documents and answer all questions completely. If the answer is no, write “no” or “none.”
  •     Provide any materials or correspondence from Informa to prove it is a legitimate business event. An example would be a confirmation of your badge registration.
  •     Be prepared for the visa fees and accepted methods of payment by the U.S. Embassy. Please visit this page to learn more information.
  • The visa application process may take 90 days or longer, so please request letters of invitation at least 90 days prior to your travel dates.

How do I know if I need a visa?

  • Countries that participate in the U.S. Department of State Visa Waiver Program may not require a visa. For more information or to determine if your country is included in the Visa Waiver Program, please visit https://esta.cbp.dhs.gov/esta/.
  • If you do not need a visa to travel to the United States, you are required to register for Electronic System for Travel Authorization (ESTA). Please log on to https://esta.cbp.dhs.gov and register before the date you will travel.

Why do I need a letter of invitation?

If you are traveling from a country that requires a visa to travel to the United States, you may request a letter of invitation. This letter will inform the U.S. Embassy that you will be in the United States to conduct business at Natural Products Expo West and will return to your home country when the show is over.

What if my visa request is denied?

If you are denied, reapply immediately and provide any requested information at your next interview. If you are delayed or denied again, please submit an inquiry about your case by e-mail to businessvisa@state.gov.

For any more information email, us: info@aiabf.com